THE NEW H57
The Hylas brand is synonymous with quality, performance, functionality and value. We are delighted to introduce our newest blue-water sailing vessel. From world class designer Bill Dixon the Hylas H57 is a perfect blend of classic Hylas, contemporary good looks and an embracing of the latest technology in construction and design.
Twin helms and rudders for improved performance, a lighter weight cored hull for improved strength and insulation plus the Solent rig for ease of handling mark a new era in Hylas designs. With a 3 or 4 cabin layout this yacht will meet the needs of live aboard couples or those planning extended cruises with friends and family. Primarily designed to be handled easily by a couple and fit the modern cruising lifestyle, this exciting new development stays true to the Hylas core competence of safely crossing oceans in comfort and style.
The Hylas H57 will impress even the most detail oriented yachtsmen and women. The wrap-around window, oversized port lights and a full 17” beam creates a Super yacht sense of space and comfort. From the integrated bow platform with a receiving rollers for twin anchors to the optional automated hydraulic transom this vessel perfectly blends form and functionality from stem to stern.
- The Solent rig with furling sails ensures the optimal sail plan is readily available on any point of sail
- The inner stay caries a 100% self tacking jib for great upwind performance and heavy air work
- A 135% reaching sail on the forestay is easily deployed once the course is set
- An electric in-mast furling mainsail is standard making reefing a breeze
- Electric primary winches make furling sails and tending the reacher sheets fingertip control
- A unique option is the arch system that keeps the mainsheet from interfering with the cockpit seating
- A dedicated mainsail winch within easy reach of the helm stations
- A hybrid cockpit with dedicated trim stations to keep the socializing cockpit uncluttered
- The integral bowsprit will carry an asymmetric spinnaker to supplement the reaching sail – optional secondary winches available
- Hydraulic backstay and vang controlled from the helm stations
- The cockpit seating and dining area provides excellent protection from the elements with minimal line handling in this predominantly social space
- Line handling happens at dedicated trim stations near the helms
- Optional 3D glass wind & spray shield
- Optional stern pulpit seats aft
- Optional hydraulic fold down swim platform
- Lightweight cored hull using the latest infuse
The Hylas H57 will impress discerning yachtsmen and women. The flowing lines of the latest hydrodynamic hull design offer comfort and speed during trans ocean passages. The fin keel ensures leeway (Side slip) is reduced and stiffens the yacht allowing her to carry the sail area this tall rig allows (Air draft 83’8”). The spade twin rudders optimize upwind sailing angles and provide the best traction when heeled. The wrap-around window, oversized port lights and a full 17” beam that carries well aft creates a Super yacht sense of space and comfort.
INTERIOR SPACES & LAYOUTS
With a three or four cabin arrangement Hylas H57 offers great versatility and an ability to cruise with additional family, friends or professional crew. Customization is an important part of the Hylas value proposition. There is always a willingness to work closely with clients in creating an interior that reflects personal tastes. Dixon has worked hard to ensure the Hybrid cockpit with aft helm stations does not impact head room in the standing areas of the master stateroom.
3 CABIN LAYOUT
4 CABIN LAYOUT
LENGTH OVERALL: 56’10″ (17.328 m)
LENGTH OF WATERLINE: 52’9″ ( 16.138m)
BEAM: 17’0” (5.20m)
SHOAL DRAFT: 6’5″ (1.95m)
DEEP DRAFT: 8’2” (2.5m)
DISPLACEMENT: 57,685 lbs (29,000 kg)
WATER TANK: 238 gal (901 litres)
FUEL TANK: 264 gal (999 litres)
SAIL AREA: 1,636 sq. ft (152 m²)
ENGINE: VOLVO (Penta 150 hp)
NAVAL ARCHITECT: Bill Dixon